Friday, July 6, 2012

July In Japan

Fashion, Food, Friendship and Fun.

Exactly one week from now, I will be back in Japan. It seems so long ago but I was only there last October with my boyfriend. We absolutely fell in love with the country, although we never thought we'd be back so soon. This time we are going with two other friends for about three weeks and I am so excited, I just can't stop thinking about it.

 (Osaka, October 2011)

I am absolutely in love with the fashion over there, it can be quite wack at times but I admire that, that they are more imaginative and creative with their style. If you like Tokyo fashion, a good site that I regularly visit is http://tokyofashion.com/photos/, which has awesome street photos.

My friends and I are massive foodies, so I will be updating you with some insane restaurants accompanied by lots of snobby food pics. We are also lovers of Sake. I don't know much about Sake, all I know is that I like to drink it.

I am also a sucker for stationary and craft stores, especially the ones in Japan, these stores are next level.

(The shit I bought last time, inc. heaps of Studio Ghibli and Sanrio stuff)

My itinerary includes:
14-17 Kyoto
18-19 Naoshima- Island of Art.
20-26 Tokyo
27-29 Fuji Rock (boom)
30    Back to Tokyo for our last day.

We are also contemplating going back to Osaka, mostly just for our favourite Takoyaki joint called Tako Tako King. And if you ever get the chance, you should check it out. Yes, their Takoyaki is good but its the whole experience that's memorable, if you go you'll know what I mean. I would go back to Osaka in a heartbeat, just for Tako Tako King.

I don't know how much I will be posting about music, Fuji Rock of course but other than that, I'm not sure I'll have much exposure to the music scene. However, I have just discovered Kyary Pamyu Pamyu(pop singer/model/blogger). Her music isn't what I'd usually like but I am slowly getting addicted. She is so Kawaii!!



I just got a new Diana Mini lomography camera, so I will be going nuts with the photos. And if you're lucky I will be sharing some insightful haikus with you. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment